Statistical Analysis System, or SAS, has been the industry norm for data management and analytics of huge volumes of data. It is a very flexible platform that provides users various means to manipulate, analyze, process, and report on data.
What Are the Different Kinds of Certification for SAS Programming?
The SAS Institute maintains a variety of various certifications specifically designed for the needs of particular job functions and specific industries. However, they all participate in general a level of foundations in familiar SAS Programming.
These include the following:
- SAS Certified Base Programming: This is the first step in the SAS Global Certification Program. It assures a basic understanding of Programming principles using the base SAS 9.4 product.
- SAS Certified Advanced Programming: The program assumes that the student has already passed the Base exam. It comprises more advanced topics in Programming such as Macros, program flow, and more complex data modeling.
- SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming: This level is designed to ease the student apply SAS Programming and data management knowledge correctly towards the healthcare, pharmaceutical, and clinical research industries.
Now I am going to describe information on the SAS Clinical Trials Programming (A00-280) Certification.
About SAS Clinical Trials Programming (A00-280) Certification
The exam for the credential will have a SAS Clinical Trials Programming focus and need skill in areas such as data manipulation/integration, production of data listings, tables and figures according to a Statistical Analysis Plan, and the creation of graphs and reports. Basic understanding of Clinical Trials and statistical methodology also will be required to pass the exam.
The Clinical Trials Programming Using SAS 9 exam contains some sections on foundational SAS Programming systems that are also tested in the SAS Base Programming exam. To recognize the skills that have previously been tested and shown, an accelerated Clinical Trials Programming exam version will also be ready for those aspirants who hold a famous SAS Certified Specialist – Base Programming Using SAS 9.4 certification. The accelerated exam version will not retest a candidate on their foundational Programming skills.
SAS Clinical is the utilization of SAS innovation to a clinical area for clinical preliminary data examination in pharmaceutical/biotech and clinical research companies.
This A00-280 certification has a basic knowledge of SAS clinical concepts and their applications to pick up the experience for giving more reliable administration to clients. This entry-level training mainly includes basic or introductory concepts related to the idea.
- Fresh Graduates
- For those who have a professional IT degree but require to have some additional skills
- Absolute beginners of SAS
No specified eligibility is necessary to take up this entry-level certification training. Hence the required level of system and data knowledge is needed, which is also not mandatory.
Important Qualities for SAS Clinical Trials Programming (A00-280) Certified Professional:
- Analytical skills. Computer programmers must understand complicated instructions to create computer code.
- Concentration. Programmers must be ready to work at a computer, writing lines of code for long periods.
- Detail-oriented. Computer programmers must carefully examine the code they write because a small mistake can affect the entire computer program.
- Troubleshooting skills. An essential part of a programmer’s job is to check the code for errors and fix any they find.
What Does A SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Professional Do?
Computer programmers write and test code that allows computer applications and software programs to function correctly. They turn the program patterns created by software developers and engineers into instructions that a computer can follow.
Also, programmers test newly created applications and programs to ensure that they produce the required results. If they do not work correctly, computer programmers check the code for errors and fix them.
Duties of SAS Certified Clinical Trials Programming Professional
Computer programmers typically do the following:
- Write programs in a kind of computer languages, such as C++ and Java
- Update and expand existing programs.
- Test programs for errors and fix the broken lines of computer code responsible.
- Create and test the system in a mixed development environment (IDE).
- Use code libraries, which are collections of autonomous lines of code, to explain the writing.
Programmers work jointly with software developers, and in some businesses, their duties overlap. When such overlap happens, programmers can do work that is expected of developers, such as designing the program.
Program design involves planning the software initially, creating models and flowcharts describing how the code is to be written, writing and debugging code, and designing an application or systems interface. Programmers often use an IDE, which allows them to create, edit, and test code.
A program’s purpose defines the complexity of its computer code. For example, a heat application for a mobile device will need less programming than a social-networking application. More straightforward programs can be written in less time. Multiple programs, such as computer operating systems, can take a year or more to complete.
Software-as-a-service (SaaS), which consists of applications presented through the Internet, is a growing field. Although programmers typically want to rewrite their programs to work on various system platforms, such as Windows or OS X, applications created with SaaS work on all platforms.
Therefore, programmers writing SaaS applications may not have to rewrite as much code as other programmers do and can alternatively spend more time writing new programs.
The SAS has created this credential to assess the knowledge and understanding of a candidate in the area as above via the certification exam the SAS Clinical Trials Programming A00-280 certification exam contains a high value in the market is the brand value of the SAS attached with it.
SAS A00-280 Exam preparation experience is a critical component to becoming a SAS certified professional these resources are designed to assist you in preparing these materials to assume the candidate has little familiarity with SAS Programming and the Clinical Trials industry depending on your level of experience you may not require all preparation components.
This A00-280 exam combines the necessary Programming skills of the SAS Clinical Trials Programming foundation track with the hands-on practice of the applied clinical data analysis and reporting tracks to deliver a complete learning experience the result you are ready to earn SAS Clinical Trials Programming certification and stand out in your industry.